Thursday, September 2, 2010

Senior Year is a GO.

Lindsey and I pose before heading to our first classes of the semester. Obviously, we're very eager to learn.


Ok folks,
I've created this blog to detail the many adventures of what promises to be an extraordinary senior year for your reading & viewing pleasure. My goal is to post a video/slideshow each week paired with a written entry that offeres updates, highlights, and reflections.

To catch you up to speed, here are the cliff notes of where we are:

  • This was my first week of class as a senior Tourism and Events Management major at George Mason University in Fairfax, VA. 
  • I live in a townhouse roughly 3 blocks from campus with 3 other lovely young women: 
    • Linds: one of my closest friends at Mason. We met a couple years ago playing for Mason's Club Lacrosse team. Linds is from Virginia Beach and is a junior Environmental Science major at Mason.
    • Sam: a lover of running, she ran track & cross country for Mason. Sam is from nearby McLean, VA and is a sophomore undeclared and currently applying for transfer to Cornell  for Interior Design (recently decided career path).
    • Kathryn: our lovely exchange student from Essex, England (right outside London). Kathryn is a junior American Studies major whose mother is a nurse and father is a news director for the BBC.  Kat is totally stoked to be spending the year in the U.S.
So those are the ladies with which I share our humble abode. We've left decorating our dining & living room to do this weekend so once that's finished we'll take pictures that I'll post for a virtual tour.


  • Many of you are aware that I spent this summer as the Events & Marketing Intern at Wintergreen Resort. It was a phenomenal experience that made for an unforgettable summer. I had a total blast and consider it to be my most valuable educational experience to date. In an effort to prevent me from gushing on and on about it, I'll stop here. (if you really want to know more about my summer and experience there, then by all means, ask me because I would LOVE to share.)
  • I started college in South Carolina when I was 18 back in the fall of 2005. Thanks to a transfer, new major, and broken neck (& recovery) I'm now 23 in the fall of 2010 beginning my 6th and FINAL (woohoo) year of college. 
So now that you're up to date....This blog will be a scrapbook & journal that chronicles my senior year as I begin to bridge the gap between collegiate life and the so-called "real world". I'm very excited about what will unfold over the next year. Despite obviously preparing myself for post-grad life, I'm looking forward to enjoying one last go-round in college and have made a list of 20 things that I want do/experience before the year is done. A few are things that I've already done but are annual favorites/traditions. Most, however, are new.

Here's the list:

  • Go Skydiving 
  • Complete a Geocache
  • Camp out. anywhere.
  • Ice skate at Rockefeller Plaza in NYC
  • Go to the Mason Basketball home games (Go Green, Go Gold, FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT).
  • Dress George (tradition at GMU to dress up the giant statue of George Mason)
  • Revisit national monuments & museums in D.C. metro area.
  • Go to an IMAX 3D Midnight screening of HARRY POTTER
  • Play pub trivia at Auld Shebeen 
  • Get my picture taken in front of the Charm City Cakes building in Baltimore
  • Watch a Blackhawks game at The Rat (campus sports bar)
  • Learn to properly shoot a shotgun
  • Attend a black tie affair (it's been too long!)
  • Go to a service at New York Avenue Presbyterian Church
  • Send a cool care package to soldiers overseas
  • Rent & ride a sailboat
  • Dinner & dancing at The Guards in Georgetown
  • Raise $500 for Relay for Life
  • Learn to play T.I.'s "Whatever You Like" on my acoustic guitar
  • Visit my brother at VT
So there it is. A list of 20 things I want to do over the course of my senior year.

Now if  you'll excuse me.... it's Thirsty Thursday and it's time to welcome the weekend!
love
sca

2 comments:

  1. hope you have a wonderful time...glad to see a new blog post...vaya con dios

    love, emsa

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll need a place to stay for your ice-skating adventure. Keep me in mind!

    -Mark

    ReplyDelete